Technology Manager (Web Developer)
Overview: EveryoneOn is accepting applications for a Technology Manager. This position will be located in Washington, DC, and is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual with the skills and passion necessary to leverage the power of technology to spark social change.
Technology has changed the way we do business, pursue education, find jobs, and interact with everyone from our family to our doctor to our members of Congress. Still, close to one in four U.S. households are without Internet Access.
EveryoneOn is a national nonprofit that aims to eliminate the digital divide by delivering high-speed Internet, computers, and digital training to all unconnected Americans. Founded in 2012, we are a lean, agile nonprofit with a start-up mentality. We intentionally maintain a flexible structure such that we can take on the best opportunities as we find them; as such, we value and require individual responsibility and ownership of projects. We also embrace collaboration across internal departments to ensure that we’re serving our beneficiaries and partners effectively.
Position Responsibilities: We are entering an exciting stage of national growth and are looking for a Technology Manager to join our dynamic team in delivering access to opportunity for millions of low-income Americans. The Manager will work closely with our COO to successfully execute on our mission through development and deployment of an innovative suite of web and mobile applications.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to:
- Create and manage seamless, intuitive, and valuable end-user experiences delivered through web, mobile, SMS, and IVR platforms.
- Design tools with input from staff and partner organizations.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend technologies and platforms that can deliver services in an effective, sustainable fashion.
- Develop systems as the lead/sole developer role for our organization.
- Field tools and monitor their effectiveness.
- React to feedback and refine tools as needs evolve.
- Manage the portfolio of technology projects within our organization—prioritize work streams with input from the leadership team, recommend improvements, and draft new ideas.
- Take ownership of the technology function within our organization, including the technology budget and vendor relationships.
Our current tools include:
- Website and Enrollment Platform. Enables users to sign up for Internet service, purchase discounted devices, and find digital literacy courses. Also shares information about our organization.
- SMS Tool. Allows customers to look up their order ID, view digital literacy training sites, review low-cost offers, and sign up for Internet service.
- IVR System. Assists users with connecting to ISPs, returning equipment, checking the status of orders, and changing their payment information.
- Analytics Portal (Internal). Allows staff to track progress with broadband adoption work.
- Analytics Portal (Partners). Allows enrollment partners to track their progress with broadband adoption work.
- Analytics Portal (ISPs). Allows Internet service providers to look up information about customers, review their progress, and securely send files to EveryoneOn.
- Campaigns. Allows nonprofit enrollment partners to raise money to purchase Internet service for their beneficiaries.
Ideal Qualifications & Skills:
- Degree in computer science or software engineering (or equivalent) OR three to five years of relevant work experience.
- Experience building responsive web and mobile sites and applications.
- Strong WordPress developer with experience building themes and plugins.
- Experience using Stripe and Twilio.
- Appreciation of the power of good UI design and interest in wielding it.
- Relevant experience in setting up and executing thorough testing procedures for new website and/or software features.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, and unpredictability.
- Excellent task management, organization, and team collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate ideas to both a technical and non-technical audiences.
Compensation and Application Process
Compensation and benefits will be competitive based on experience and salary history. To apply, email résumé and cover letter explaining why you are uniquely qualified to fulfill the specific responsibilities and duties of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Technology Manager.”