EveryoneOn is always looking for smart, passionate professionals dedicated to finding ways to close the digital divide. We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Partnership Development Manager
Technology Manager (Web Developer)
You can view full job descriptions below.
Partnership Development Manager
EveryoneOn is entering an exciting stage of national growth, and we are looking for a Partnership Development Manager to join our dynamic team in delivering access to opportunity for millions of low-income Americans. Our work thrives on a diverse network of corporate, foundation, and individual supporters. As our Partnership Development Manager, you’ll work closely with our CEO, Chief Programs Officer (CPO), and regional staff to help design and implement the our fundraising plan.
You will drive the development, implementation, and maintenance of systems that support all revenue streams including corporate and philanthropic partnerships, project grants, and eventually individual high net worth donors. EveryoneOn is poised for significant growth and a successful Partnerships Associate will thrive on creating order in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Working with CEO and CPO to create and implement an annual fundraising strategy and plan for achieving fundraising goals.
- Managing EveryoneOn’s national and regional fundraising operations.
- Performing regular correspondence and outreach to current and prospective investors, including corporate, individual, and foundation donors, as outlined in development plan.
- Performing and managing all back-end work for various pipelines including research, tracking, thank yous, and follow-ups.
- Preparing and coordinating action-items in order to empower team members to complete their follow-ups within specified timelines.
- Compiling and tracking various reports, including the creation of annual reports for board meetings.
- Working with our Communications Manager to plan and implement high-profile events featuring key donors and stakeholders.
- Tracking all contracts and grants to ensure all timelines are in order, deadlines are met, and progress is recorded.
WHO YOU ARE
- Data-driven. You can’t sleep at night if a Salesforce record isn’t up to date. You know that strong knowledge management makes strong companies, so you bring an attention to detail that would intimidate even the most meticulous of accountants.
- A Natural Relationship Builder. People are drawn to you. You earn respect and trust quickly, and have a knack for successfully building new relationships to scale your team’s mission.
- A Digital Maven. You bring previous experience using a donor relationship management system to manage a prospect pipeline.
- A Closer. You’re a confident public speaker, embody strong presentation skills, and are comfortable delivering information to high level audiences (CEO’s, Board members, etc.)
- Mission-aligned. You’re passionate about making an impact by providing access to opportunity for all – regardless of race, age, or socioeconomic status.
- Detail Oriented. You have strong organizational skills as well as excellent skills in prioritizing, delivering on projects and achieving targets in a timely fashion.
- Confident. You bring fresh, new ideas and are comfortable contributing meaningful insights and opinions.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3-6 years of relevant professional experience in development and fundraising.
- Demonstrated success in project management, including the ability to manage and support diverse teams to meet all funder requirements and deadlines.
- Excellent and engaging writing skills, impeccable editing and proofreading skills, as well as strong verbal communications skills.
- A quantifiable track record that illustrates your ability to stay organized and hit measurable goals.
- A willingness to work in Washington DC and in a fast-paced, startup environment which requires comfort with ambiguity and a self-starter mentality.
HOW WILL WE KNOW YOU’RE THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE ROLE?
Please complete the following application. Priority will be given to those applications submitted by Monday, May 30, 2016; therefore we encourage you to submit yours soon!
These short-answer questions are designed to replace a cover letter, please take your time with them and copy in your answers from a separate document. If you are chosen as a finalist, you will first be interviewed by ReWork and then by EveryoneOn. The final step in the hiring process will be to arrange personal reference calls to confirm details of your work history and performance.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU’RE SELECTED?
You’ll be invited to join our growing team in Washington, DC. If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email us at email@example.com. We look forward to reading your application!
Technology Manager (Web Developer)
Overview: EveryoneOn is accepting applications for a Technology Manager. This position will be located in Washington, DC, and is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual with the skills and passion necessary to leverage the power of technology to spark social change.
Technology has changed the way we do business, pursue education, find jobs, and interact with everyone from our family to our doctor to our members of Congress. Still, close to one in four U.S. households are without Internet Access.
EveryoneOn is a national nonprofit that aims to eliminate the digital divide by delivering high-speed Internet, computers, and digital training to all unconnected Americans. Founded in 2012, we are a lean, agile nonprofit with a start-up mentality. We intentionally maintain a flexible structure such that we can take on the best opportunities as we find them; as such, we value and require individual responsibility and ownership of projects. We also embrace collaboration across internal departments to ensure that we’re serving our beneficiaries and partners effectively.
Learn more about EveryoneOn on the rest of our website, or on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Responsibilities: We are entering an exciting stage of national growth and are looking for a Technology Manager to join our dynamic team in delivering access to opportunity for millions of low-income Americans. The Manager will work closely with our COO to successfully execute on our mission through development and deployment of an innovative suite of web and mobile applications.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to:
- Create and manage seamless, intuitive, and valuable end-user experiences delivered through web, mobile, SMS, and IVR platforms.
- Design tools with input from staff and partner organizations.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend technologies and platforms that can deliver services in an effective, sustainable fashion.
- Develop systems as the lead/sole developer role for our organization.
- Field tools and monitor their effectiveness.
- React to feedback and refine tools as needs evolve.
- Manage the portfolio of technology projects within our organization—prioritize work streams with input from the leadership team, recommend improvements, and draft new ideas.
- Take ownership of the technology function within our organization, including the technology budget and vendor relationships.
Our current tools include:
- Website and Enrollment Platform. Enables users to sign up for Internet service, purchase discounted devices, and find digital literacy courses. Also shares information about our organization.
- SMS Tool. Allows customers to look up their order ID, view digital literacy training sites, review low-cost offers, and sign up for Internet service.
- IVR System. Assists users with connecting to ISPs, returning equipment, checking the status of orders, and changing their payment information.
- Analytics Portal (Internal). Allows staff to track progress with broadband adoption work.
- Analytics Portal (Partners). Allows enrollment partners to track their progress with broadband adoption work.
- Analytics Portal (ISPs). Allows Internet service providers to look up information about customers, review their progress, and securely send files to EveryoneOn.
- Campaigns. Allows nonprofit enrollment partners to raise money to purchase Internet service for their beneficiaries.
Ideal Qualifications & Skills:
- Degree in computer science or software engineering (or equivalent) OR three to five years of relevant work experience.
- Experience building responsive web and mobile sites and applications.
- Strong WordPress developer with experience building themes and plugins.
- Experience using Stripe and Twilio.
- Appreciation of the power of good UI design and interest in wielding it.
- Relevant experience in setting up and executing thorough testing procedures for new website and/or software features.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, and unpredictability.
- Excellent task management, organization, and team collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate ideas to both a technical and non-technical audiences.
Compensation and Application Process
Compensation and benefits will be competitive based on experience and salary history. To apply, email résumé and cover letter explaining why you are uniquely qualified to fulfill the specific responsibilities and duties of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Technology Manager.”