Starting on August 21, 2017, ConnectHome Nation will launch adding a new cohort of communities with the goal reaching more than 100 communities and connecting 350,000 people living in public housing by 2020.
EveryoneOn, the current nonprofit lead for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) successful ConnectHome pilot, will lead this expansion effort.
As part of this expansion, new communities will have access to the following:
- Access to stakeholder commitments;
- Continued assistance with stakeholder negotiation by EveryoneOn as communities seek to add new stakeholders to the initiative;
- Monthly webinars with EveryoneOn for help with local efforts and best practices;
- Access to a mentorship community to help guide progress; and,
- Access to the Digital ConnectHome Nation Platform, which will include resources and collateral created for ConnectHome Nation and would serve as a space for communities to connect, ask questions
Interested in joining ConnectHome Nation? Our applications for new communities will be live beginning on July 17, 2017. Check back for submission link or email us email@example.com.
“We are excited about this opportunity to expand the successful work initiated by HUD and already underway in communities across the United States. In a little over a year, the ConnectHome pilot communities have successfully worked to connect thousands of low-income people to the life-changing power that the internet brings,” said Chike Aguh, EveryoneOn’s chief executive officer. “As we move forward with this expansion, we are hopeful that even more people in communities across the country will be able to experience social and economic opportunities provided by online access. For the new communities joining ConnectHome Nation, we are excited to welcome you and thank you for your commitment to digital inclusion for all.”
Are you interested in learning more about being part of ConnectHome Nation? Fill out the form below to receive updates.
Visit ConnectHome Nation’s web site for more information by clicking here.