Mobile Beacon and Mobile Citizen are both flagship partners of EveryoneOn. All three organizations work closely together with the common goal of providing affordable Internet access to underserved Americans of all ages and family types.
Until recently, Mobile Beacon and Mobile Citizen offered $10/month unlimited data plans on the CLEAR 4G WiMAX network. As you may know, CLEAR was acquired by Sprint and Sprint is in the process of launching an enhanced nationwide 4G LTE network. Sprint has announced that they plan to decommission the WiMAX network by November 01, 2015 and roll it into their 4G LTE network.
What this means for you before the transition to Sprint’s LTE network:
- We are still determining what kind of changes will be happening for EveryoneOn customers. You will be receiving communications about what you can expect.
- If you discover your service has been interrupted and you’re interested in exploring other affordable options, visit EveryoneOn.org/GetConnected or text ‘Connect’ to 215-45. There, you can enter your ZIP code and find other Internet offers available in your area.
What this means for you when the transition to Sprint’s LTE network takes place:
- Due to various circumstances, Mobile Citizen’s new LTE network offering will not be ready for full implementation in time and many EveryoneOn customers who currently use Mobile Citizen may experience a lapse in Internet service on or before October 31, 2015. Mobile Citizen does not know when it will be able to provide the LTE offer to all of its EveryoneOn customers.
What this means for you in the future after the full transition to Sprint’s LTE network:
- EveryoneOn, Mobile Beacon and Mobile Citizen are excited about the opportunity to offer Sprint’s LTE service to our nonprofit partners and their beneficiaries. Based on the information Sprint has released about its LTE network, we anticipate you’ll have access to a network that provides even faster speeds, better in-building coverage, and more places where the service will be available.
- Mobile Beacon and Mobile Citizen are working with Sprint to determine the timing and pricing of future LTE service plans and devices. Once the transition is complete, both current EveryoneOn customers and new subscribers who wish to enroll under the Mobile Beacon or Mobile Citizen offer will need to obtain an LTE device that is compatible with the Sprint LTE network.
|Sprint 4G LTE*||Sprint/CLEAR 4G WiMAX†|
|Average Download Speed: 6-8 Mbps||Average Download Speed: 3-6 Mbps|
|Peak Download Speed: 25 Mbps||Peak Download Speed: 10 Mbps|
|Upload Speed: 2-3 Mbps||Upload Speed: Up to 1.5 Mbps|
|Network Coverage: available in more than 470 markets in the U.S.||Network Coverage: available in more than 100 markets in the U.S.|
While specific details on future costs and availability have not been finalized, we want you to know that our commitment to providing you with a low-cost Internet offer and mobile, 24/7 connectivity remains unchanged. Even as technology and networks evolve, our shared mission to close the digital divide in America remains constant.
Please stay tuned! We will communicate details to you as soon as they are finalized.
* Expected speeds based on testing of deployed areas prior to network launch. Peak speeds may not apply to all markets. Actual speeds may vary.
† Performance claim based on average download speed results obtained during tests conducted by CLEAR on the CLEAR commercial network. Actual CLEAR network performance may vary and is not guaranteed.